MIPI SLIMbus Software Stack
MIPI® (Mobile Industry Processor Interface) Alliance is an open membership organization that includes leading companies in mobile industry. MIPI® specifications establish standards for hardware and software interfaces targeted towards the mobile systems which are experiencing an explosive growth. The specifications will help in reducing fragmentation and improve interoperability among system components, benefiting the entire mobile industry. SLIMbus® provides the mobile terminal industry a standard, robust, scalable, low-power, high-speed, costeffective, two wire multi-drop interface that supports a wide range of digital audio and control solutions for mobile terminals.
Arasan’s SLIMbus® (Serial Low-Power Inter-chip Media protocol) stack takes the mobile industry towards achieving the MIPI® Alliance objective. The SLIMbus® stack is operating system and platform agnostic.
The SLIMbus® stack provides generic APIs to the function driver and abstracts the SLIM protocol specific functionality underneath. The stack supports a variety of function drivers such as SPI, UART, BT, I2S, I2C, DAC, ADC, Flash etc which make use of this generic API set to communicate on the common bus. The APIs include commonly used device operations such as initialization, device configuration, data transfer, power management, and registration of call back for interrupt handling.
The Arasan SLIMbus® Stack consists of the General Application Interface layer (API layer), SLIMbus® protocol specific driver layer and SLIMbus® hardware specific driver layer. Client applications interface with the General API layer directly or through a Device Class Driver layer. The SLIMbus® protocol specific driver layer implements protocols such as isochronous and asynchronous data transfer, enumeration, and message handling. It also supports functionalities specific to the Arasan SLIMbus® Host and SLIMbus® Device IP cores. SLIMbus® hardware specific driver layer is a hardware dependent layer. The layered architecture allows porting to various operating systems, various platforms and various SLIMbus® hardware devices.
- Compliant with MIPI SLIMbus® Specification version 1.01
- Portability in choice of OS, processors and hardware
- Easy-to-use interface for applications
- Fully documented generic interface API
- Shorten functional driver integration to SLIMbus® interface
- No protocol specific knowledge required
- Premier support directly from engineering team
- System manufacturers can port the SLIMbus stack to respective system hardware and operating systems
- Silicon developers can use the driver and board environment to test the device silicon during development
- Silicon vendors can use the driver to create a reference system design for their customers
- Source code and/or binaries for SLIMbus stack
- User Manual
- API Guide
- Release Notes